Mac Hyde Brownfield Scholarship Program
Maclay “Mac” Hyde (1934-2013) was a pioneering environmental law attorney and real estate developer of polluted, often abandoned brownfield sites. Brownfields are properties where redevelopment is complicated by the presence or potential presence of environmental contamination. Mac was an inspiration and a mentor to many in the field of brownfield redevelopment and environmental law. At past ReScape Awards, Mac was remembered through the Mac Hyde Leadership Award. The scholarship now honors Mac’s life and legacy by supporting the next generation of innovative brownfield redevelopment minds. To celebrate Mac Hyde, Minnesota Brownfields offers this scholarship to students pursuing studies in diverse fields related to brownfield redevelopment.
Congratulations to our 2023 Mac Hyde Scholarship recipients, Rishabh Agarwal & Jennifer Adade!
- $2,000 scholarship award
- Recognition at the ReScape Awards
- Honorary student membership with Minnesota Brownfields for duration of time as a student
- Free registration to one Minnesota Brownfields educational forum
- Undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited Minnesota college or university; and/or a Minnesota resident
- Pursuing a field of study related to brownfields redevelopment, including: engineering, earth/environmental sciences, government/public policy, law, business, real estate, public health, economic development
- Intended career in profession related to community revitalization, environmental quality, or remediation
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
- Recipient is invited and encouraged to attend ReScape Awards Event in April 2023 to receive scholarship
March 1, 2024
- Application period closes
- Minnesota Brownfields staff review applications for completeness and share with judging committee
- Judging committee convenes to select recipient
- Minnesota Brownfields staff notify recipient
- Scholarship winner featured in Minnesota Brownfields email newsletter
- Scholarship recipient acknowledged at ReScape Awards Ceremony
Questions? Contact us!